Monday, November 8, 2010

Sanrachna: A Wonderful Experience

Come 1800 hrs every Friday, my laptop bag strapped across my shoulder, I stride out of Emerald and take an acute turn near RD to traverse across the muddy terrain of the Amber construction site. The wonderful thing is, the state of the skies notwithstanding, the inspiration that I’m going to affect the lives of even a handful of people, drives me on every week. The journey to the Teaching Centre is of course an exertion in itself: now jumping across little mires, now tracing the path on bricks strewn across the area. But the end- result is so much satisfying!

The students, nay, friends I should call them even as Ratna did, are so eager to learn the nuances of whatever they are taught, hardly have I ever seen them except before me and trying on their own on the systems—yes, even when I’m before time. I daresay, there are times too, when I get to know of a feature from them,instead for the inverse. Already they seem to know so much…given some time on their own, they would be pretty good at the skill of Photo Manipulation, or Photoshopping as it is better known.

Looking at the eagerness they display, one’s heart leaps in joy to help even a tiny group of them pursue their dreams. And in return, the Love, the Respect and the Admiration one gets from them makes one feel at the top of the world. After all, with the considerable amount of knowledge one has in an institution like the Indian School of Mines, what is one hour a week per person in exchange for shaping the lives of tens and hundreds out there?

In the End, it all comes down to what we want to remember the college days for that makes us feel special. And Team FFI scores a perfect 10!

8 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Prakhar For President!!!.. Yes WE CAN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. proud of u dude... u r doing such a wonderful job...
    in reality helping the needy... Fabulous Family of ISM rocks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! nice words prakhar ...
    and better work @ sanrachana ...
    Keep it up !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great & nicely narrated anecdote...
    Feels good 2 c njoy it all soo much..
    Keep rockin...
    Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ambarish sir and Dheeraj sir...thnx a lot sirs.... I'll try my best (to keep it up).

    @Ashish: yay!!! We Can. FFI rox...

    ReplyDelete
  6. you guys are doing great...
    just keep it up ..best of luck..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Luck Prakhar!
    Your motivation will ispire all of us.

    @Ratna,
    Please add me too as one of the contributors.Thanx

    ReplyDelete